A wider supportive network
In addition to your creative neighbours within Innovation Centre, your business is surrounded by a wider community that brings all sorts of added advantages. Simply being based on the Knowledge Gateway itself opens you up to other businesses just like yours, presenting great opportunities to collaborate, socialise and network. The adjoining university campus means not only do you have access to technology research and expertise, but you can also go to the gym, do some shopping or even do your banking in your lunch break. So, whether you want to pick the brains of one of our own experienced business leaders, or connect with other like-minded entrepreneurs, we’re here to make that happen.
Linking up with like-minded people
Having a community around you makes it a lot easier to find support when you need it, especially when you have the Innovation Centre team already plugged into this thriving technology network. With their help you can connect with collaborators and graduate talent; gain access to award-winning research at the university and keep up-to-date with the latest tech news to stay ahead of the curve.
The University of Essex’s Colchester campus is a lively and exciting place to be based, offering businesses:
- Research facilities including ESSEXLab
- State-of-the-art interpreting lab, similar to UN standards
- Four-star Wivenhoe House Hotel and brasserie
- Conferences on-campus arranged by Event Essex
- Childcare at Wivenhoe Park Nursery 8am-6pm
- Graphic design and print for your marketing
- Sports centre and gym with membership and classes
- Excellent cafes, restaurants and bars
- 24-hour mini-market, banks, ATMs, post office
- Lakeside Theatre and Art Exchange gallery
- Landscaped parkland covering more than 200 acres
Meet the businesses you could be working alongside:
Get a taste for just some of the incredible success stories that have taken place at ICKG:
Interested in joining?
Speak to our team to find out more about becoming part of our community.