- This event has passed.
Creative Partnerships: University of Essex
October 11 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pmFree
The University of Essex is an amazing resource for our creative sector – but do you really know how to get the best out of this relationship?
Find out how to…
- Access specialist resources and facilities, including amazing VR labs, data analytics and legal advice
- Get students to help with your project – as researchers, paid interns, workshop participants and more
- Develop Knowledge Exchange projects
- Collaborate with the University on research projects that can bring in substantial funding for your organisation.
- Teach, guest lecture or provide CPD
In this half-day event you will hear from all sides of the University about how you can get involved and collaborate with them – and how you can get real benefits from the university on your doorstep. Over 20 professors and senior academic staff will be at the event, representing all sides of the University.
9.30am – Registration / coffee
10am – Welcome
10.15am – Session 1 – Introduction to what the University can offer across the board, including
- Areas of expertise
- Accessing students as research resource / interns / placements, workshopping material with student actors etc
- Opportunities to teach / guest lecture / CPD events
11.20am – Coffee / networking
11.45am – Session 2 – Creative and cultural collaboration – knowledge exchange, research opportunities, AHRC applications and more.
12.45pm – networking lunch
1.30pm – Session 3: Focus groups on collaborative work OR tour of campus (incl. Lakeside Theatre and Art Exchange) and Innovation Centre
1.55pm – Wrap up remarks / close
- Professor Sanja Bahun, Executive Dean, Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Professor Rosie Klich, Co-Lead, Digital Humanities Hub and Director of Research for East 15
- Dr Michael Tymkiw, Co-Lead, Digital Humanities Hub and also PHAIS & Centre for Curatorial Studies
- Stephanie Humphries, Head of Knowledge Exchange
- …and many more senior faculty and research academics and staff.