WEBINAR – Breaking Business Barriers – Propel Business with Sales & Marketing
June 26 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
About this Event
Created and led by the University of Essex Enterprise Zone, the Space to Grow programme is designed to help businesses scale up and tap into profitable markets. Breaking down the barriers that are restricting your business growth and providing you with the tools to overcome obstacles.
Marketing and Sales
Presented by Malcolm Johnston.
Selling is not telling and yet many businesses recruit salespeople on the basis that they have “the gift of the gab”. Once recruited and, having won a few customers, the salesperson is then motivated to acquire more customers instead of retaining those already won. Reward is based on revenue not relationship.
Given that salespeople are key to the delivery and communication of value, its extraordinary how much of the sales cycle and salesmanship is left to chance. And, for start ups and scale ups whose core competencies may not yet include “salesmanship” or “account management” the problem is even more acute – particularly if the founder has to “sell” the idea to a potential investor.
With an emphasis on process and people, this workshop will outline the role of a 21st century salesperson and describe an effective sales process where rigorous qualification will help to build a robust pipeline of opportunities. We will also explore methods that will help to build rapport and long-term commitment through effective solution selling.
The output from this workshop will help to stimulate a different way of thinking for your salespeople, marketers and customer facing directors. This session takes account of three significant changes in buying behaviour:
• B2B Buyers are 57% of the way through their purchasing decision before they engage with sales
• 60% of all customers stop dealing with a company because of what they perceive as indifference on the part of salespeople
• 70% of customers leave a company because of poor service, which is usually attributed to a salesperson
• Customers who feel their salespeople are exceptional are 10 to 15 times more likely to remain loyal.
Followed by pre-booked ZOOM 1:2:1 sessions to discuss next steps – these will take place after 10am. Don’t forget to pre-book these.
What’s next – a diary of events and support that is available through this Space to Grow programme and the Innovation Centre Knowledge Gateway.
- June 26
9:00 am - 10:00 am
- Event Tags:
- Angels@Essex, Business Network, chelmsford, Colchester, Colchester Innovation Centre, Entrepreneurs, Essex Office, free, generating sales, ICKG, Innovation Centre Knowledge Gateway, Jo Stevens, Knowledge Gateway, sales, sales and marketing, South East Local Enterprise Partnership, Start-ups, Technology Business, University of Essex
- University Enterprise Zone